Instagram is one of the widely used social networking sites. It now has over a billion users all around the world. Because of this, Instagram is an ideal platform for businesses to showcase their products and services to the people. Entrepreneurs use Instagram for three main reasons: brand awareness, engagement, and conversions.
So, if you’re a new business owner or a beginner, you can simply jump on board and use Instagram to your benefit.
Here’s a beginner’s guide to Instagram marketing:
If you don’t have a business account yet, sign up and input the following elements: user name, profile picture, bio, and website link.
- Use your brand or company’s name for easier recognition.
- Use a high-quality image of your brand or company’s logo for easier recognition (320 x 320 pixels).
- Write a 150-character bio that is informative and impactful
- Include a link to your website link so that users may learn more about your company.
- Include contact information (email or physical address and phone number) and a call-to-action to make conversions easier.
Work on your content
- Know your target audiences and their interests.
- Use memes for your content or use content that makes your brand stand out
- Entertain your audience
- Write content without being too salesy
Use Instagram Insights to see how well your marketing is working
Analyze brand awareness to see post impressions and reach. The number of times your post was seen is called impressions, while the number of unique users that saw it is called reach.
Analyze engagement for posts and stories to see interest in your brand. You can see likes, comments, saves, and shares for posts. You can see views, tap forwards and backs, replies, and exits for stories.
Use click-through and bounce rates of your call-to action or bio link to track conversions.
Make your account worthwhile to follow
Instagram is a visual platform. To promote your products or services, use high-quality photos, short yet informative videos, and eye-catching graphics. However, to raise brand awareness, share your company’s culture, client testimonials, and expert tips with your target audience.
Always insert branding without being too obvious about it though by using your brand’s colors and fonts on posts, or using filters on photos.
Put effort into account management
Plan and schedule your content with the help of social media management tools like Hootsuite, SproutSocial, or Agorapulse.
Encourage your audience to become more involved through Instagram Stories. You can use:
- swipe-up links to make purchases easier,
- use poll and question stickers to collect customer feedback and insights,
- photos and videos to showcase products and services,
- share tips and quotes, and
- advertise meetings or special events.
Grow your Instagram Audience
Encourage user-generated content (UGC). It allows real customers to show off how much they adore your product. Sharing UGC builds brand and company trust. Others appreciate UGC because it depicts real people using your product rather than paid endorsers or models.
Respond to Comments to Enhance your Brand’s Reputation
Your customers, as much as you enjoy hearing from them, would enjoy hearing from you as well. They would want to see you reply quickly and positively to inquiries, reviews, or feedback. The ability to do so demonstrates that you value your customers as well as their opinion.
Make Influencers your Ally
Collaborate with influencers to promote your product or service. Since they have the following, they can influence people to buy your goods.
Activate Instagram Shopping
This enables users to purchase your products.
Use Instagram Ads
If you have the funds for paid advertisements, use Instagram Ads. You can use various formats to advertise your products or services such as photos, videos, carousel, stories, or IGTV (Instagram TV). Long video posts of up to an hour are allowed on IGTV.
Social media platforms like Instagram have come a long way when it comes to digital marketing. Entrepreneurs just need to recognize their potential and use these social media platforms to their own advantage.